Sunday 10 June 2012

Cosplay Idea #4 - Pokémon Trainer Silver!


Character Name:  Pokemon Trainer Silver
Origin:  Pokemon Silver/Soul Silver
Height:  Medium to tall, although it doesn't matter too much
Eye Colour:  N/A
Hair Colour:  Dark Brown/Black/Blue/Purple
Hair Length:  Not too long, but quite big especially at the front
Personality:  Quiet but heroic
Accessories: Pokémon cap, pokéball, pokédex, and maybe some gym badges


So this was my costume for my last day at Sixth Form!!  It was really fun because not a lot of people do it, but so many recognise it!  Its not very difficult, cost me about £20 including accessories, and is very practical!


For the jacket, I just went shopping and looked for something red, but the material is quite important.  Something cotton won't do.  I don't have a clue what mine is made from, but its a bit like PVC.....I think.  But still, it looks like a chav would wear this.  Just a red hoodie will do.  Mine was from Primark, just look there!


The shorts are just black/dark coloured shorts.  They do tie in at the end, but this isn't entirely necessary.  If like me you are on a small budget and don't want to spend money on a new pair of shorts that tie in, when you have a perfectly good pair in your drawers, then by all means use just ordinary shorts!  I did, it makes very little difference.  It just depends whether you want to be completely accurate.


I wanted a truly authentic pokémon cap, so I bought one off eBay.  It was £8 but its probably the part of the costume which people will recognise you for, so you can't settle for second best!  Most caps off eBay fit all sizes, so you needn't worry about that!


For shoes, well good luck finding ones like the picture!  Just some pumps or trainers will do just fine.


If you're interested in making a pokéball, then read my post entitled 'Cosplay Accessory #1 - Pokéball".


Me in my Costume!!
On the right arm (the characters left) he wears a Pokétch, but this is not essential, it looks difficult to replicate and takes more time and money than it worth. If you're good with crafts and electronics or something along those lines, then feel free to make one!  But I just didn't bother because all my attempts looked nothing like the real thing.


I had the idea to make gym badges, but never got round to it.  I had a small black case, and you could just make or print some 2-D badges from Pokémon Silver and blu-tac them to the base of the case. But since it was for school, I didn't want to have to carry it round with me.

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! I'd like to see a picture of your costume, I was thinking of going as a pokemon trainer for Otakon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you sooo much for the lovely feedback!! :D I'd definately recommend going as one, so easily recognisable! I have added the photo for you :)

      Delete